This event will bring together a cross-party panel to discuss the Government’s plan to fund health and social care through a 1.25% tax hike on National Insurance Contributions. Is the plan going to be enough to end the crisis in social care? Is it fair or are there better ways to raise the funds required? Finally, what does this tax rise signal about the government’s commitment to competing agendas of levelling-up, low-taxation or sound finance?
- Ian Mulheirn - Executive Director, UK Policy | Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Sir Ed Davey - Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Liz Kendall MP - Shadow Minister for Social Care
- David Gauke - Former Secretary of State for Treasury & Justice
- James Browne - Report author, Head of Income & Inequality Analysis | Tony Blair Institute for Global Change