Barking and Dagenham is a borough delivering a significant pipeline of housing, invested in innovative modern methods of construction – and has already delivered modular homes. But like other local authorities it faces a market comprising a confusing array of suppliers and options, plenty of good stories but a puzzling record of delivery.
So the council commissioned a strategic report to answer three key questions:
Who knows what they’re doing? (The most comprehensive market review to date)
What is holding industry back? (What are the issues of capacity, finance, demand)
How should councils approach and support the MMC industry? (Practical steps to delivering better homes, quicker)
Join this webinar for the answers to these questions, from the people who wrote the report. Learn about one borough’s ambitions for offsite manufacturing and how it intends to stimulate cross-council collaboration - and discover what Barking and Dagenham is already delivering through MMC.
- Councillor Darren Rodwell, Leader, Barking and Dagenham Council
- Andy Berridge, Head of Construction, Ealing Council
- Tom Copley, Deputy Mayor of London for Housing and Residential Development
- Rory Bergin, Partner - Sustainable Futures, HTA Design
- Sarah Beth Riley, Associate Architect, Be First
- Jeff Endean, Director, Cast Consulting