Monday, September 20th at 3 pm PST/ 6 pm EST (8 am CHST on 9/21). This session will not be recorded.
**If you would like to present (2-3 min. each) during the session, you must fill out the form below by September 15. **
Earlier this year, President Biden issued an Executive Order on Establishment of the White House Gender Policy Council that directs the White House Gender Policy Council to develop a national strategy for advancing gender equity and equality. One key implementation mechanism of that national strategy is the creation of a National Action Plan to End Gender-Based Violence.
In this listening session, participants can share their insights and recommendations on what should be included in a National Action Plan to address all forms of gender-based violence with invited guests from the White House and federal agencies. We invite you consider how a National Action Plan could reflect the needs and priorities of our Asian American Pacific Islander community, including in the areas of prevention, intervention, services, funding, and actions of particular federal agencies. The more specific, the better!
Our Invited Guests:
• Carrie Bettinger-Lopez, (she/her), Special Advisor, Gender Policy Council, The White House.
• Rosie Hidalgo, (she/her), Senior Advisor on Gender-Based Violence and Special Assistant to the President, White House Gender Policy Council.
• Erika Moritsugu, (she/her), Deputy Assistant to the President and Asian American and Pacific Islander Senior liaison
• Krystal Ka‘ai, Executive Director White House Initiative on Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI).
• Officials from other federal agencies.
If you have any questions please reach out to Sarah Khan at email@example.com and Grace Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you! We hope you will join us!