The Annual General Meeting of the Corruption Prevention Network Limited will be held first from 12:30 - 12:45pm, followed by our topic this month: Risks of Working from Home or Remotely.
During the COVID-19 pandemic working from home, or remotely, has become the “norm” for many workers. Using media such as Zoom, Skype, etc and unsecured computers can have cyber threat implications.
Minimising physical, cyber, and other risks at a worker’s home may be different to what employers implement at the usual workplace.
Employers need to address :-
- communication frequency and type between the employer and worker;
- cyber threats;
- management of the work program, workload, activities and working hours;
- the surrounding work environment;
- work practices and physical activity;
- mental health and wellbeing of the worker;
- other responsibilities the worker may have such as facilitating online learning for children or a caring role; and
- what if a worker contracts COVID-19 while working remotely?
Workers also have obligations to minimise risks when working from home. What are these?
A panel will discuss how we can address these issues.
Associate Director Fraud and Corruption Control Internal at Sydney Trains & NSW TrainLink