Populations are growing, the climate is changing and food insecurity is an increasing threat. The farming and agricultural industries rely on this young generation to carry the torch, but they are heading to urban areas in droves. They are leaving their farming communities behind in search of ‘better’ opportunities. How can we reverse this trend? We must ignite a movement to get young people back into the sector, scale up innovations in farming to address the growing challenges and produce nutritious food. Join as we hear from young leaders who are working to breathe new life into the sector, protect farming and transform livelihoods.
Hosted by: One Young World, Scale Up Nutrition movement (SUN), UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY), and the UN Food Systems Summit Secretariat.
- Moderator: Ella Robertson. Managing Director, One Young World
- Keithlin Caroo. Founder & Executive Director, Helen's Daughters & One Young World Ambassador
- Tolulope Aina. Founder, Tolulope Foods and Farms & One Young World Ambassador
- Pornthida Wongphatharakul. Co-Founder, Siam Organic & One Young World Ambassador
- Webster Makombe. Nutrition & Hunger Activist
- Jannes Maes. President, European Council of Young Farmers