Over 80% of the TV shows and movies we watch on Netflix are being discovered through its recommendation system. Join us to explore the algorithm, data science, and machine learning behind how Netflix curates these recommendations, and learn how you can gain the skills to write your very own algorithms with Ben Oren, Flatiron School’s Data Science Coach.
Also, we'll be joined briefly by Kamaya Jones, PhD, of Netflix. She's the Studio Innovation Research Principal: Media Management Ecosystem, VFX, Post, Animation) and will share gems about the industry.
- Learn how recommendation algorithms work
- Get an introduction to the core concepts behind data science
- Learn how Netflix collects and analyzes data to deliver your next favorite shows
- Connect with Flatiron School’s data science instructional team
- Discover more about Flatiron School’s data science courses