Did you know that 70% of D.C. Students are not proficient in reading by fourth grade?
Join Education Reform Now D.C. and Decoding Dyslexia D.C. for a two-day virtual conference as we hear from District leaders about what they are doing to address our literacy crisis, and how educators and parents can be supported. All are welcome!
On the first panel, D.C. government officials and education advocates weigh in on D..C's literacy crisis and what is needed to ensure all D.C. students can reach their limitless potential.
- Chairman Phil Mendelson
- Ward 2 Councilmember Brooke Pinto
- Superintendent Dr. Christina Grant, Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Abraham Clayman, Director of Education Initiatives, Federal City Council
- Jacqueline Pogue Lyons, President, Washington Teachers' Union
- Ariel Johnson, Executive Director, D.C. Charter School Alliance
- Rep. Allister Chang, Ward 2 D.C. State Board of Education