Each Level 2 break-out session will allow relevant Title IX team members to build on skills and knowledge gained during the Level 1 training and any prior Title IX trainings received. There are five Level Two break-out training sessions which, along with the three-hour Level One training, comprise ten hours of training for the year for your Title IX team. Not all members of the Title IX team need to attend each session, although those who do will have a richer understanding of the overall Title IX sexual harassment process. Contact your Franczek P.C. attorney for assistance on selecting which individuals to attend each Level 2 session.
The Level 2 Title IX Coordinator Training builds on the information presented in the Level 1 Basic Training with information of specific relevance to Title IX coordinators, including:
• Policy and procedure issues, including whether to offer informal resolution
• How to serve impartially, including by avoiding prejudgment, conflicts of interest, and bias
• Responding to reports of Title IX sexual harassment, including initial supportive measures meeting
• Evaluating complaints for applicability of Title IX sexual harassment procedures, including required steps for dismissal of a Title IX formal complaint
• Applicable factors for determining when to “sign” a Title IX complaint
• Issues arising during communications with the parties
• Recordkeeping requirements, and
• Hypothetical examples to illustrate key principles.
Cost: $225. If your district plans to train multiple people, each person should sign up individually. If your district has a group of more than 5 people for this training or you would like to sign up for multiple trainings, discounts are available. Please contact TitleIX@Franczek.com for details. For existing clients, the charge will be added to your next invoice. For new contacts, we will reach out to arrange to send you an invoice.