SSI will be hosting the first-ever IHRA Definition of Antisemitism Summit. This will be a virtual convention for zionist students, featuring a panel of speakers from across the world. The summit will take place via zoom on April 11th, 2021 following Yom HaShoah, Israel’s national Holocaust remembrance day.
We are launching this conference with the aim of achieving the following goals:
1. Educate on what the IHRA working definition of antisemitism is: creation, content, meaning.
2. Present the need to officially define antisemitism and issue a global call to action to adopt the definition.
3. Review the arguments raised by those opposing the definition and explain flaws and counterarguments.
4. Provide an overview of the global slate of countries, international bodies, and academic institutions that have already adopted the working definition of antisemitism.
5. Suggest specific courses of action to achieve the official adoption of the definition of antisemitism.
In addition to the specific goals related to the definition of antisemitism, the summit will raise awareness of the alarming escalation in global antisemitism in its various forms, while presenting a united front ready to fight against it. This is also intended to serve as a platform for Zionist students to connect, learn, and motivate each other to continue the fight against antizionism and antisemitism that has only just begun.