The Florida Department of Environmental Protection and The Florida Recycling Partnership Foundation announces “FLORIDA RECYCLES WEEK”
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is joining the Florida Recycling Partnership Foundation to promote recycling during this year’s Florida Recycles Week, November 15 – 19, 2021.
Each day of Florida Recycles Week 2021 will have its own theme that encourages and educates people on the proper way to recycle. Free webinars will be held daily at 11:00 am.
• “Take the Pledge” It’s America Recycles Day! (Nov. 15) – Visit FloridaRecycles.org to take the pledge. Presentation by Keep Florida Beautiful – sponsored by Coca-Cola Beverage Florida.
• “You Can Recycle Right” (Nov. 16) – What are the right items to place in curbside recycle containers: plastic bottles and jugs, aluminum and steel cans, paper and cardboard. Sponsored and presentation by Waste Management.
• Press Event at the Florida Capitol (Nov. 17) - DEP will announce Recycling Recognition Award winners, and the recycling partnership will announce its Recycling Champion Award winners.
• “Recycle on the Go” (Nov. 18) – Look for recycling containers while on the road. If you can’t find a recycling bin while traveling, make sure to have a bag in your car so you can take your plastic bottles and aluminum cans home and recycle them. Sponsored and presentation by Wawa.
• “Buy Recycled” (Nov. 19) – Look for items made with recycled content when you make your purchases. Presentation by a variety of Florida companies and the Florida Beverage Association. This day is being sponsored by Publix Super Markets.
More information about the event will be posted on www.flrecycles.org and www.FloridaRecycles.org beginning on November 1. A complete list of speakers will be announced soon.
For more information, contact: Keyna Cory, Keyna@FLrecycling.org, 850-728-1054