The #HealthyRecovery letter made evident that the health community knows that to protect people’s health we must continue progress on air pollution, climate change and other key environmental issues, and must substantially strengthen our health systems, even as the world grapples with the COVID19 crisis and its economic impacts.
On July 18-19, Finance Ministers of the G20 countries will meet. This is an opportunity to reiterate the health community’s call that the massive public investments made in response to the COVID19 economic recession, put us on a path to a healthy and sustainable future.
This webinar will provide an overview of COVID19 government response packages and what these response packages mean for issues that will shape our future health and well being, from a health, economic, and sustainability perspective. We'll also hear from leading signatories to the letter about why this is a priority for the health sector, even in the midst of the pandemic.
- Welcome: Jeni Miller, ED, Global Climate and Health Alliance; co-chair, WHO-Civil Society Working Group on Climate & Health
- WHO Healthy Recovery Manifesto & G20 Developments: Maria Neira, Director of the Public Health, Environment and Social Determinants of Health Department of the WHO
- Introduction: Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum, WHO Scientific Lead, Climate Change & Health
- Health & Sustainability in the Covid Economic Recovery: Carla Guerriero, Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics and Statistics
- Panel discussion, Healthy Recovery Letter Signatories including Dr. Kloiber (World Medical Association), Fatima Al Rifai (ICN), and others to be announced.