During this webinar, the presenter will provide an overview of trauma-informed care and how it has been applied across child and family-service settings. The presentation will define trauma and trauma-informed care and discuss the specific steps to creating a trauma-informed approach, highlighting the role that the participants can specifically play in this transformation. These steps include creating a culture shift at the organizational level, creating a safe environment for staff and clients, addressing secondary traumatic stress at the individual and organizational level, and implementing specific tasks within your organizational scope. Participants will be encouraged to identify ways they can personally implement some of these practices in their role.
1. Define a trauma-informed approach.
2. Describe the steps to creating a trauma-informed agency.
3. Outline the core principles of trauma-informed care within an agency setting.
4. Identify ways in which they can apply trauma-informed principles within their specific role.
1. This session will be recorded. A link will be available to registered learners within two days of the training.
2. This is a webinar-style training. This means that you will not be on camera and will not be able to see other learners. This training will not include breakout rooms. Opportunities to interact with the presenter(s) and other participants will be included.
3. Why do we ask "Knowledge Check" questions during registration? These questions help us to obtain information about our learners' knowledge of a topic prior to training and the effectiveness of the training (participants will be asked the same questions at the end of the training).
4. By registering for CalTrin training, you consent to be added to the CalTrin mailing list.