Suicide Prevention 101 for Parents: Recognizing Signs and What to Do
This webinar will provide suicide prevention information for parents, including:
* Recognizing warning signs for suicide
* How to have a conversation with your teen about your concerns
* Actions to take if your teen is having suicidal thoughts
* Tips and resources to support emotional and mental health during COVID-19
* Information about raising resilient teens
The webinar is provided in partnership by the California Department of Education, the Directing Change Program, and Teen Line.
The Directing Change Program & Film Contest is free and evaluated youth engagement program. Directing Change engages students and young people throughout California to learn about the topics of suicide prevention and mental health by creating short films that are used to support awareness, education, and advocacy efforts on these topics. Visit www.DirectingChangeCA.org for more information.