Everyone’s life is currently affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of COVID-19, many providers have made new rules and changed the way they offer services to people with disabilities. Sometimes these new rules make it hard for people to access their services because of their disability. If you or someone you know is having difficulty receiving services because of these new rules, you might be able to request a “reasonable accommodation” based on your disability. This webinar will talk about what a reasonable accommodation is, how to request a reasonable accommodation and what to do if your provider says no. There will also be time at the end for questions and answers.
- The presentation will start at 12pm and is scheduled to go for 1 hour.
- Individuals may join the webinar beginning at 11:30.
- Interpreters and remote cart will be available during this training.
* Staci Converse, Managing Attorney, DD Advocacy Program, Disability Rights Maine
* Mark Joyce, Managing Attorney, Mental Health Advocacy Program, Disability Rights Maine
* Simonne Maline, Executive Director, Consumer Council System of Maine
* Marco Orlando, Self-Advocate, Speaking Up for Us Maine