A key principle of UK GDPR is that we retain personal data only for as long as necessary; this is referred to as the storage limitation or retention principle.
It can also be a principle that is difficult to consistently comply with.
This webinar is designed for organisations who wish review their retention policy, or who are finding that their current retention policy is just not working. At the end of the webinar you will be quipped to design a retention policy for all your personal data sets, which complies with the UK GDPR principles and can consistently be applied with minimum disruption.
In this webinar, Nick will explain:
- The background to the storage limitation, or retention, principle in UK GDPR, and the ICO guidance
- The 3 key things that your retention policy needs to balance, and why some retention policies can never work in practice
- Why you need different retention periods for different personal data sets
- The golden rule for defining retention periods
- The steps to review/develop your retention policy
- How and where your retention policy needs to be documented
- Using IT systems to help implement your retention policy
- How to future-proof your retention policy
As always everything will be related back to the UK GDPR, and ICO guidance including their new Accountability Framework.
There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the webinar, and you can submit specific questions in advance.