Our free webinar will examine the current extraordinary challenges facing the social housing sector: highest inflation rates for a generation, increasing interest rates, spiralling energy costs, recruitment shortages, fuel poverty, political uncertainty etc.
We will discuss the actions that organisations can take to ensure that they are more resilient and how boards can provide effective oversight and governance as they work to meet the challenges.
We will hear from sector experts and housing association leaders about the impact of these challenges and the measures being taken.
We will discuss:
1. Ensuring a financially resilient business
• What are the key challenges in business plans?
• What are current risks and what might be coming down the line?
• How do we ensure that we manage these risks and embed effective control measures?
• What mitigating actions can we use and how do we prioritise these?
• What is the outlook for the lending market?
• Do providers need to consider structures to help mitigate some of the presenting risks
• What are the key messages from the Regulator of Social Housing?
2. Maintaining effectiveness governance
• What governance challenges does the current situation bring?
• What questions should board’s being asking?
• How can board’s gain assurance in these challenging times?
• What does it mean to be an effective board member?
Our expert panel:
Chair – Paul Hillard, Director, DTP
Andy Roskell – Director, DTP
Sarah Jackson – Director, DTP
Rebecca Wilson – Director of Resources, Maryhill Housing Association
Megan Henderson – Head of Corporate Services, Leeds Federated Housing
There will be a Q&A session.
This webinar will be of interest to social housing sector senior executives with governance and finance responsibilities.