Section 9 of the Act deals with easements, but what easement does it cover, and what effect does the section have in practical terms?
In this class we will discuss:
1. The history and ambit of section 9 of the Act
2. How easements can be created (and terminated).
3. Common types of easement relevant to party walls
4. The difference between temporary and permanent works
5. Practical maintenance of easements
6. Reinstating easements to avoid loss or damage.
The format will be around 40 minutes of presentation by Nick Isaac QC, followed by at least 20 minutes of Q&A