The first in a three-part Imagine Cancer Equity series focused on social determinants of health (SDOH), this event will start the conversation by defining these determinants and addressing how they create disparities in the cancer care system. From access to care to the ability to afford daily essentials like healthy foods and housing, SDOH can lead to poorer health outcomes for patients and families from certain socioeconomic backgrounds. Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic is magnifying these health disparities.
For our first session, moderator Yousuf Zafar, MD brought together experts from the field for this virtual one hour discussion. Panelists shared their first-hand clinical experience and the most up-to-date research to educate attendees on the scope of this problem. Dr. Yousuf Zafar then led a discussion to help our wide-ranging audience view their services through a health-equity lens and consider changes to promote equality in cancer care.
Thank you to our speakers:
- Yousuf Zafar, M.D., Duke Cancer Institute
- Lorraine T. Dean, ScH, Johns Hopkins
- Tracy Ott Foster, Former President, Lash Group
- Oluwadamilola Fayanju, MD, MA, MPHS Duke Cancer Institute
- Claudia Begino, MSW, LCSW, CHOC Children’s
- Carla Tardif, CEO, Family Reach
Fill out your information below to watch the recording!