This webinar is presented over two consecutive afternoons from 1.30 - 4pm. Attendees are required to participate on both dates to complete this training course.
COST: $155 +gst Attendees will be invoiced for this webinar.
"Poor phonological awareness is the most common cause of poor reading. Reading problems can be prevented if all students are trained in letter-sound skills and phonological awareness, starting in kindergarten." David Kilpatrick (2002)
Throughout the webinar, you will learn:
* What structured literacy (SL) is
* Why SL is the platform we should be teaching all students from
* How iDeaL Stage 1 assessment is founded the research and principles of structured literacy
* How to administer this assessment
* Gain insight into how this assessment tool can be analysed and an individual education plan generated using the iDeaL platform for an individual, group or class of students
* How to plan for instruction based on assessment findings
This webinar is suitable for junior teachers, literacy leaders, RTLits, RTLB and LSCs.
This assessment tool will enable you to identify and teach to the diagnostic needs of your students from school entry (and in intervention settings) as well as to be able to monitor progress in the all important areas that sit beneath reading fluency.
This assessment can be administered in 20 - 25 minutes and may become the first aspect of your dyslexia screening tools kete for students of all ages.
Attendees will receive an electronic copy of the assessment tool. Please note that the automated analysis, and reporting function (iDeaL platform) is not included, but is available for separate purchase.
What are SENCOs and Teachers saying about this tool?
"Finally a diagnostic tool which directs teaching and learning needs in literacy."
"This assessment not only taught me so much but very clearly showed me what we didn't know as teachers and what we haven't been teaching."