The Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission (SCC&HC) welcomes you to join them for a discussion about cultural innovation. Communities that cultivate arts, cultural heritage, and history reap broad benefits – from civic empowerment to economic development to improved health and well-being. The best cultural initiatives are collaborative, interdisciplinary, and community-driven; using creative placemaking principles to integrate arts, heritage, and history with the built and natural environment to encourage broad and diverse participation. This panel discussion includes experts from the arts, heritage, tourism, and film sectors who will provide insight into cultivating a comprehensive strategy to advance cultural and heritage initiatives.
• Steven Gorelick, Executive Director, NJ Motion Picture & Television Commission
• Taneshia Nash Laird, President & CEO, Newark Symphony Hall
• Kelly Ruffel, Asst. County Administrator & Department of Cultural & Historic Affairs Director, Passaic County
• Ben Stone, Director of Arts & Culture, Smart Growth America
• Melonie Marano, County Commissioner, Somerset County
This forum is the kick-off public event for developing a Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Long Range Plan. The discussion will inform county stakeholders engaged in the planning process, but is also relevant to any professional or volunteer interested in creative placemaking and arts, cultural heritage, and history.
Approved for 1.25 AICP CM continuing education credits. Thank you to our sponsor APA-NJ.