Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children manipulate and work confidently with number.
• Continuing from Part 1, to evaluate a range of manipulatives and images to help children identify, round, estimate and represent numbers
• To highlight the importance of being able to partition a number in multiple ways
• To identify how number sense can be continually developed and explored in context across the mathematics curriculum, including within measurement
• To appreciate the breadth of resources found on the Number Fun Portal to help children explore and develop their sense of number
• To explore a range of reasoning and problem-solving ideas to help children develop their understanding of number and place value