Join Advocates for Ohio's Future for a webinar reviewing the latest round of changes to HB 110, the State Operating Budget Bill, and presentations highlighting Black Maternal Health Week focusing on Black maternal health policy in Ohio and nationwide, recent strides that have been made, and how Ohio measures up with other states.
We’ll cover Black maternal health in the state budget and the American Rescue Plan, the importance of midwives and doulas, and will share opportunities for advocacy and involvement in Black maternal health efforts.
- Hope Lane, Public Policy and External Affairs Associate, The Center for Community Solutions
- Kelsey Hopkins, Policy Associate, Groundwork Ohio
- Kelly Vyzral, Senior Health Policy Associate, Children’s Defense Fund-Ohio
- Jessica Roach, Chief Executive Officer, Restoring Our Own Through Transformation (ROOTT)
- Dorian Wingard, Chief Operations Officer, Restoring Our Own Through Transformation (ROOTT)
The Ohio House released the first round of amendments in Substitute House Bill 110, the FY ‘22-’23 State Operating Budget, earlier this week. We’ll discuss the biggest changes and the path forward in our webinar.