In previous CFA Institute x Fitch Ratings ESG in Credit webinars we looked at the importance of integrating material ESG factors in credit analysis, as well as how fixed income investors implement ESG integration in practice.
As investors seek to align their portfolios with both financial and sustainable imperatives, green, social and sustainability (“GSS”) bonds are increasingly popular.
In the upcoming webinar, expert speakers will address:
- Key features of GSS bonds
- Outlook for GSS market, including implications of net zero emission pledges in APAC and COVID 19
- Opportunities and challenges for investors, including how best to avoid “greenwashing” and balancing credit risk and impact considerations
- Evolution of the GSS market, including regulatory developments and the rise of other ESG instruments such as sustainability-linked bonds
- Policymaker's perspective on green and sustainable finance
Date: 2 March 2021, Tuesday
Time: 12:30 - 14:00 (GMT+8)
Professional learning credit: 1.5 (CFA members please login to your PL tracker to record PL credit)
Mary Leung, CFA, Head, Advocacy, Asia Pacific, CFA Institute - Mary leads the team that is responsible for building market integrity in APAC by developing and advocating capital markets policy positions that raises investor protection and fosters sustainable industry growth. She also oversees the Asia-Pacific Research Exchange (ARX, www.arx.cfa).
1. Mervyn Tang, CFA, Global Head of ESG Research, Fitch Ratings
2. Kenneth Hui, Head of Market Development, HKMA
3. Giorgio Valente, Head, HKIMR
4. Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative