As part of EU Sustainable Energy Week 2021 (EUSEW), ChargeUp Europe, ELIA group, and the International Energy Agency (IEA) will be hosting a virtual policy session on 12 October from 15:00 to 16:30 to discuss the potential of electric vehicle (EV) smart charging, and how to enable the promised benefits of eMobility. Accelerating the decarbonisation of road transport will require addressing the remaining barriers to the uptake of EVs, from a consumer and power-system perspective.
The event brings together experts from different sectors: the private sector (from charging infrastructure, to auto manufacturer, to grid operator), international organisations, alongside EU policymakers and civil society and research organisations.
• Araceli Fernandez Pales, Senior Energy Technology Analyst at International Energy Agency (IEA)
Our distinguished speakers:
• Maurizio Maggiore, Senior Expert, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission - Setting the scene on EU Policy
• Jacopo Tattini, Transport and Energy Analyst at International Energy Agency (IEA) – Presentation on System Integration and eMobility
• David Zenner, Head of Consumer Centricity, Elia - Vision from a TSO-perspective
• Robin Loos, Sustainable Transport Officer at BEUC - Vision from Consumer perspective
• Paul Smith, Product Marketing Manager, ChargePoint, on behalf of ChargeUp Europe - Vision from the EV Charging Infrastructure perspective
• Michael Keller, Head of Group Coordination Charging Infrastructure, Volkswagen - Vision from the vehicles manufacturers