As a proposal manager, you are assigned staff who are working towards the same goal but who are assigned. It is up to you and the capture manager to give them detailed directions and resources. Sometimes in managing the proposal team, you have to sacrifice the time you need to manage the proposal process. But what if your proposal team members took the initiative to solve problems and innovate so they were all aligned and working to achieve the same overall goals? You can help them by helping them develop some key leadership and coaching skills so they:
• Are all on the same page with the vision and goals of the business
• Know exactly what their role is when it comes to achieving those goals
• Communicate freely and easily with each other and the team leader
• Have the mindset and skills for self-management and problem-solving
• Are motivated to do their best work.