Presenter: Ann Dolin, M.Ed.
The last six months have been challenging enough for many kids—learning at home, missing friends, staying indoors. Now that summer is here, your child is ready to relax and unwind, but their vision of summer might not match up with yours. No doubt the familiar blue glow and video game sound effects are already flooding your child’s room. How is learning and family fun going to compete with iPads, TVs, and computers?
The unstructured days of summer make it hard to balance your kid’s academics and free time. Competing with the newest tech games and digital platforms seems impossible, but there are many strategies you can use to focus and engage your kid throughout summer.
In this webinar you’ll learn about:
• Finding the sweet spot between ‘too much’ and ‘not enough’ summer learning
• Empowering your child by including them in family meetings and using their strengths to choose “just right” activities
• Creating flexible schedules that cater to your kid’s needs and take stress off you
• Reshaping your kid’s idea of school work by “disguising” learning with fun and engaging activities
• Using free apps and websites to spark curiosity and learning
• Techniques to collaborate and not dictate to improve communication and avoid power struggles