Theme: Creating an interdependent and prosperous Africa in a world in conflict at the time of the Covid-19 crisis
Backgrounder: The Africa Day celebration is always an opportunity to reflect on the African Union’s transformation and achievements and also to renew commitments to realize the Africa Agenda 2063. UPF has been an active supporter of Africa Day for the past 8 years, hosting events in New York in partnership with the Permanent Observer Mission of the African Union at the United Nations. The 2020 Africa Day theme is in concert with the theme of the African Union Summit.
This webinar will highlight UPF Founders’ vision of a Shining Africa, based on the principles of interdependence, mutual prosperity and universally shared values with the aim of reinforcing unity, solidarity, compassion and reconciliation among leaders and peoples of Africa.
• What are the factors that can best contribute to the achievement of African Union's peace and development objectives?
• How can we build a society of interdependent community and prosperity in this time of conflict and Covid19?
• How can UPF Founder’s vision of a Shining Africa contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the African Union?
* Dr. Thomas Walsh - Chairman of UPF International
* H.E Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - ISCP Africa Chairman, Former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
* H.E Dr Nevers Mumba - Former Vice President of Zambia,
President of the Movement for Multiparty Democracy (MMD)
* H.E Delfim Santiago das Neves - President of the National Assembly of Sao Tome and Principe
* Hon. Marie-Laurence Sranon - Former Minister of Family, Social Affairs and MicroFinance, Republic of Benin
* Representative of the African Union - TBD
If you have trouble viewing our webinar on Zoom, you can still participate by going to our YouTube Live which can be accessed by the following link: https://youtu.be/6_rEL2KG8tw