During this 90-minute session, each panelist will provide remarks to address challenges, opportunities, and best practices from their campuses. After the panelists’ remarks, the moderator will pose questions and engage the panelists in a conversation about disabilities services.
The session will center on the following 5 points:
1. Implementing Universal Design as a best practice
2. Shifting the culture so that Disability is a core component of D&I
3. Unexpected impact of COVID is the shift for schools to begin to level the playing field for students with disabilities with the increased accommodations for all learners
4. Giving higher education disabilities professionals a seat at the administrative leadership table with groups like Student Support Services and Faculty Development
5. Normalization of disabilities and the implementation of best practices into every aspect of student life