Facilitated by: Julie McCrossin
Julie gets people talking and she is renowned for her warmth, humour, intelligence and commitment to social justice. After 20 years as a broadcaster with ABC Radio National, ABC TV and Network Ten, she is now a freelance journalist and facilitator.
Do you regularly look after a family member or friend who is elderly, ill or has disability?
Are you one of Australia’s 2.65 million carers making a huge contribution to Australia by caring for others?
As part of National Carers Week Your Side wants to invite carers to join us for an online chat about issues important to you.
We will be talking about:
• Juggling the stress of COVID-19 and your caring role
• What to do when the person you are caring for is struggling with their mental health or you are struggling yourself
• What financial help is out there
• How to find time to look after for yourself
• How talking to others in a similar situation can take pressure off
• What it’s like to be a young carer
This free online event will tell you all about what help is out there, and you will hear from real carers like yourself.
Carer Gateway is a new free service where carers can access practical and personal support, and connect with other carers. Your Side delivers this new service in partnership with The Benevolent Society. We are here to care for the carers.
*THERE WILL ALSO BE GREAT PRIZE GIVEAWAYS!!