Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children manipulate and work confidently with number.
• Continuing from Part 1, to evaluate a range of manipulatives and images to help children identify and represent numbers
• To explore the effectiveness and use of number lines
• To highlight a range of ideas for helping children estimate, partition and round numbers with confidence
• To appreciate how number sense spans across all areas of mathematics
• To appreciate the breadth of resources found on the Number Fun Portal to help children develop their sense of number
• To explore a range of reasoning and problem-solving ideas to help children develop their understanding of number and place value