Session Objective: To provide a practical approach to helping children manipulate and work confidently with number.
• Continuing from Part 1, to evaluate a range of manipulatives and images to help children identify and represent numbers and consider how these might be used to support children’s learning
• To highlight the importance of the use of number lines in an Early Years setting
• To explore ideas for continuous provision that will enable children to develop their sense of number within their play
• To appreciate the breadth of resources found on the Number Fun Portal to help children develop their sense of number
• To explore some simple reasoning and problem-solving ideas to help children develop their understanding of number and place value