1. To improve the diagnostic skills in periodontal disease following the new classification
2. Discussion of excellent record keeping, communication, and treatment planning to help litigation avoidance
3. Understand the role of the periodontal anatomy on treatment planning.
4. To improve the knowledge base for assessing periodontal aesthetics with appropriate clinical cases
5. Identification of cases that require multi-disciplinary approaches.
6. Understand the different modalities and scope available for both surgical and non-surgical periodontal care with case-based discussion
Dr Victoria Rincón
- Cert in Surgical and Prosthodontic Implantology UCL (Eng)
- Specialist in Periodontology & Oral Medicine (Col)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (Col)
Victoria graduated from the School of Dentistry of Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Colombia in 2000. She spent several years developing and enhancing her general clinical skills before deciding to pursue the Specialty of Periodontology at Universidad El Bosque, Colombia. During her training she spent two months at the Forsyth Institute in Boston USA, at the Microbiology Department and completed her degree in 2006.
After her postgraduate training, she moved to London and successfully completed her registration process for the UK in 2008.
She works in private practice with a practice limited to periodontics and has completed further surgical training at UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
She now limits her practice to periodontics and peri-implant disease management.