“What if there was a way to experience God as your deep center,” asks Ken Shigematsu, “not only in your formal prayers and Bible reading, but in the midst of your studies, work, exercise, and play?” Many Christians over the centuries have testified that developing a “rule of life” —an intentional pattern of everyday practices and rhythms—has helped make living the “with God” life possible.
Ken Shigematsu (a pastor and author) and Jean Nevills (a spiritual director) both often find themselves helping others practically and prayerfully construct their own rules of life. In this webinar, hosted by Carolyn Arends and guided by participant questions, Ken and Jean will explore topics like:
• How do I get started with a personal rule of life?
• How does the wisdom of the ancient monks' rule of life map on to our contemporary life?
• How can I make sure a rule of life is not just “one more thing to fail at”?
•How can a rule of life make my life feel lighter and freer (not heavier)?
• Can establishing a rule actually allow for more spontaneity?
• How will I know when it’s time to adjust or revamp my rule?