This CLE is hosted by Arkansas Access to Justice and presented by Amelia McGowan, UARK Assistant Clinical Professor and Director, Immigration Clinic.
1. Immigration Law Introduction and Background
2. Intersections With:
- Criminal Law
- Family law and juvenile courts
- Crime Victims (VAWA and U visas)
3. Identifying possible immigration issues for referral to immigration counsel.
4. Common Misconceptions
5. Immigration Law Categories
6. Common problems and barriers to immigration:
- Grounds for deportability
- Removal proceedings
7. Possible Solutions to common problems and barriers to Immigration:
8. Screening questions that may help you know when to refer a client to an immigration attorney.