Paralegals play key roles in delivering value for law firms and their clients. They sit on the front line of engagement with clients of multiple files. They provide substantive work at a lower cost. They increase productivity and deliver high value work for their firms. And they are the core users of the technology increasingly being employed by firms to enhance legal service delivery. On this 60 minute webinar, our speakers will look at how the role of the paralegal is evolving and how innovative law firms are supporting this evolution. Specifically, our speakers will consider:
- What kinds of structures are law firms putting in place to help the paralegal function thrive and deliver results?
- How are law firms scaling the scope of work done by paralegals up the value chain?
- How is the paralegal function evolving as a key driver of innovation for law firms?
- Mary Munro, National Director of Paraprofessional Services, Borden Ladner Gervais
Michele Ross, Designated Paralegal at Virgin Hickman + President of the BC Paralegal Association
- Adrian Camara, CEO, Athennian
- Megan Braun, Director of Paralegals and Law Clerks, Cassels
Chair: Tiana Van Dyk, Senior Director, Client Services, Epiq
Law Society of Ontario: This program contains 1 hour of Professionalism Content.
Law Society of BC: This program is accredited for 1 hour of CPD