Please join Chris Freeland, Director of Open Libraries, from Internet Archive for an overview of how controlled digital lending works.
Attendees will learn:
- how Internet Archive acquires books,
- how they are scanned in our scanning centers,
- how they are made available to blind and print disabled patrons,
- how they are made available to readers one-at-a-time via controlled digital lending,
- and how they are connected to Wikipedia and other resources.
The session will also cover how libraries can join the Open Libraries program to provide access to these books for their patrons, as well as how Open Libraries can be used to make decisions about physical collections.