Porgera, Ok Tedi and Lihir are Papua New Guinea’s three largest mines, and three of the largest in the Asia-Pacific region. Each spends millions every year on procurement.
But how do you sell your products and services to these major projects? What are their procurement managers looking for? How can your business get to the front of the queue? What are the challenges of supplying to PNG?
In this special online briefing for the Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector, we'll get the answers from the miners themselves and you'll have a chance to pose your own questions to them as well.
Our panel of experts:
• Aplena Waho (Principal, Contracts and Sourcing, Newcrest Mining Limited/Lihir Gold Limited)
• Jonathan Parker (Manager – Supply and Business Services, Porgera Joint Venture/Barrick Niugini Ltd)
• Cameron McGregor (Manager for Supply, Ok Tedi Mining Limited)
This special online briefing, on Zoom, is brought to you by Austrade, in partnership with Business Advantage PNG and METS industry association, Austmine.
1. PNG’s mining projects: an overview
2. Introduction: Robert Trzebski (Director International Business, Austmine)
3. Formal Q&A session, moderated by Andrew Wilkins (Publishing Director, Business Advantage International)
4. Questions from audience
5. Closing comments: Adrian Weeks (Senior Trade & Investment Commissioner, Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, Austrade)