This grant provides emergency assistance for eligible venues affected by COVID-19.
This webinar, led by SBDC Director Don Elmore, will cover details about the SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program. Presented in partnership with Visit Champaign County, the webinar will cover an overview of the program, who is eligible, what you’ll need to apply, how to apply, and more. Following the presentation, there will be an opportunity for Q&A.
The SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) program was established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act. The program includes over $16 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance. Eligible applicants may qualify for grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees. SBA will open their portal to begin accepting applications on Thursday, April 8, 2021.
Eligible entities include:
• Live venue operators or promoters
• Theatrical producers
• Live performing arts organization operators
• Relevant museum operators, zoos and aquariums who meet specific criteria
• Motion picture theater operators
• Talent representatives
• Each business entity owned by an eligible entity that also meets the eligibility requirements
Other requirements of note:
• Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020
• Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount
PLEASE NOTE: this webinar will be recorded and may be shared publicly.