Presented by Sally Walker and John Ahn.
Unerupted maxillary canines can present a challenge for the general dental practitioner. Recognising when maxillary canines are impacted and deciding on the right course of action at the right time are crucial to obtaining the best possible outcome for patients. This webinar is designed for general dental practitioners who wish to develop their skills in diagnosis and management of impacted maxillary canines
To equip participants with the skills to confidently diagnose and refer patients with impacted maxillary canines and to provide an overview of options for management of this common condition
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. State the normal development and eruption pathway of maxillary canines
2. Determine whether unerupted maxillary canines are impacted
3. Recognise situations in which interceptive treatment may be appropriate
4. Refer patients with impacted maxillary canines for orthodontic assessment at the most appropriate time
5. List the possible sequelae of failure to diagnose impacted canines
This webinar is free to view. A £10 fee will be applied for ProDental CPD PAYG members who wish to claim a CPD certificate. CPD and access to the recorded webinar is FREE to subscribers.
Remember if you subscribe you get access to everything for a one off annual fee - from £36!