As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, economic and social hardships resulting from the pandemic amplify the threat of child, forced and bonded labor in global supply chains, while our ability to mitigate these risks is even more challenged. The pandemic has brought to the forefront the intricate connections we as a global society have and the responsibilities we share to protect vulnerable populations, not only in times of crisis, but in everyday dealings. GoodWeave believes there is a role for everyone to play.
Join our panel of experts to learn how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting efforts to stop child labor, and the steps governments, NGOs, brands and consumers can take to ensure it is kept out of the supply chain—from the factory all the way down to the informal, hidden workforce. We’ll kick off the event with the unveiling of a new film about how GoodWeave’s work transforms supply chains and individual lives.
• Nina Smith, CEO, GoodWeave International
• Matt Porteous, Founder, Studio_M Changemakers
• Ian Rose, Series Producer, BBC News (Moderator)
• Siddharth Kara, Author, Researcher and Lecturer on Modern Slavery
• Manoj Bhatt, Country Director, GoodWeave India
• Leslie Johnston, CEO, Laudes Foundation