Welcome to the American Floral Endowment's Grow Pro Webinar Series! Throughout this series, our nationally recognized researchers, hosts, and speakers will offer ‘how-to’ advice based on AFE-funded and other research projects to help the industry navigate through these ever-changing growing challenges. The webinar topics are current and offer long-term opportunities for growers to focus on increased profit, greater sustainability, and improved labor efficiency. Each session includes a presentation and interactive Q&A. To see the full series calendar visit endowment.org/GrowPro.
The March 21st session of our series focuses on the current state of growing media.
The growing media industry continues to face many challenges that can impact growers. Dr. Jackson will give the latest updates on the current geopolitical and regulatory status of different media and media components, insights on new materials and methods that are being researched and used in production, and what growers need to know when selecting a growing media.
Topics will include:
• The current challenges, changes, and future outlook of the growing media industry and how that directly impacts you as a consumer/grower
• What do growers need to know when selecting a growing media today?
• What characteristics should a grower focus on in selecting a growing media or growing media supplier (other than costs)?
• What are the new media components currently on the market that a grower should be considering?
• Important changes, updates, or developments since previous webinar in 2021
Speaker: Dr. Brian Jackson, North Carolina State University
(see bio below)