Learning Support for Teacher Aides/ Learning Assistants and Parents
Developing an Understanding of Foundation Skills & the Most Effective Strategies to Support Literacy Success.
* Would you like to have a deeper understanding of why the children you
work with are struggling to experience success with reading & spelling?
* Do you believe that every child has the right to be a successful confident learner & that Reading & spelling should not be left to chance?
* Would you like the opportunity to develop strategies you can use every day with the children you work with based on research and evidence?
This webinar runs over 3 consecutive Friday mornings in 1.5hr slots from 9.30am - 11.00am.
Module 1 - Knowledge is Power
(Fri - 13th Nov)
* Develop your understanding of literacy learning differences - Dyslexia & Dysgraphia
* Develop an understanding of executive functions through a simplistic explanation of working memory & the impact this has for our struggling learners
* Develop your understanding of the foundation skills in literacy
* Example assessment tools used successfully with students aged 5 years to 18 years in school learning support environments
Module 2 - Bringing Language to Life
(Fri - 20th Nov)
* Delve into the English language & learn exactly what syllable types, words with irregular sounds & sight words are
* Building vocabulary & helping students to access all subjects across the curriculum through the years
* The steps to explicitly teaching spelling
* Using decodable texts & supporting follow up activities
Module 3 - Practical Activities & Lesson Planning
(Fri - 27 Nov)
* Learn the importance of handwriting & how you can best support letter reversals & misformed letters
* Planning for explicit evidence-based instruction
* Practical tips for teaching phonological awareness & spelling to ensure students have strategies to access all subject areas
* Other go to activity & resource recommendations to develop executive function
Nov 13, 2020 09:30 AM
Time shows in
Nov 20, 2020 09:30 AM
Nov 27, 2020 09:30 AM