This webinar will detail results from an Australian collaborative research project that is helping to improve and reduce uncertainties with environmental radiological impact assessments in the energy and mining sectors.
This one-hour webinar will feature:
• Background to the collaborative research project
• Summary of key project results
• Understanding of the industry application and how the database can be used
• Discussion of next steps and how the database can be expanded
• Live Q&A with key project participants
Who should attend:
• Operators and exploration companies that are required to undertake environmental radiological impact assessments as part of their environmental approvals processes.
• Government organisations and regulators that are involved in project development, environmental approvals, or acceptance of mine closure criteria where radiological impacts must be considered.
• Australian research institutions that are interested in radiological impacts to non-human species.
• Dr Gillian Hirth (ARPANSA) — National Authority on Radiation Protection
• Jim Hondros (JRHC Enterprises) — Industry perspective
• Dr Angel Rea (Flinders University) — Research perspective
• Tim Duff (NERA) — Overall project perspective
Thanks to the project partners: Flinders University / BHP / Heathgate Resources/ ARPANSA / ANSTO / JRHC Enterprises / OZ Minerals / NERA (National Energy Resources Australia)