Mental health is an issue that will touch many of us, with around 45% of Australians having experienced a mental illness at some point in their life. With so many people affected, it is inevitable that many of us will have employees, colleagues and managers living with mental health conditions in our workplaces.
While it can be a difficult topic to discuss, employers face serious problems if they don’t take mental health seriously. Unmanaged mental health issues result in increased absences, reduced productivity, decreased morale, and even legal claims. Fortunately, there are steps employers can take to start supporting their employees and avoid pitfalls.
To learn what you can do, and ensure a healthier workplace for your employees, join us for our upcoming FREE webinar ‘Creating a mentally healthy workplace’.
In this webinar, Thomas Parer of the National Retail Association will discuss:
- signs that your employees may be experiencing issues with their mental health;
- your duty of care with regard to mental health;
- steps you can take to address the causes of mental health problems in your workplace;
- how to speak with an employee who may have a mental health condition; and
- your obligations and rights in relation to discrimination law.