Children today love to play, connect and learn online. This session aims at providing parents and guardians with insights and important information about popular online experiences children are exposed to today. Building a positive and healthy family environment where digital use is encouraged, but managed effectively, can be a tough balance.
Throughout this workshop the Cyber Safety Project Team highlight important settings and parental controls that allow your child to navigate online tools independently and safely. You will uncover proactive tools and strategies for developing fundamental digital safety and wellbeing skills in your young people at home, including ways to seek help when things go wrong online.
Topics covered in this session:
- The Cyber Safety Project Methodology: Plan, Prevent & Protect
- Gaming trends
- Social networking trends
- Parental controls & app privacy settings
- How to report cyber abuse
- Screen time
- Developing self-regulation skills
- Cyberbullying and help seeking strategies
- Establishing a safe digital environment at home