Girl Code: Closing the Gender Gap in Tech, is an initiative being curated by Tarabut Gateway to address the gender imbalance in tech roles. Why does this webinar matter?
In the past few months, we rolled out a hiring campaign to scale our technology department and from the hundreds of applications, only 16 of them were from female applicants. This highlights a fundamental issue: how women are underrepresented in the technology industry.
It’s no secret that the technology industry still has some obstacles to overcome when it comes to women in tech. Gender imbalances in the technology industry remains a trending topic, yet opportunities in other departments are rapidly expanding. So join us on the 2nd of September where this panel will bring together emerging and seasoned professionals who will discuss pressing challenges that stand in the way of bridging the gender gap in tech-based roles. The session will be moderated by Abdulla Almoayed - CEO & Founder of Tarabut Gateway
● Yasmeen Al-Sharaf - Head of Fintech & Innovation Unit, Central Bank of Bahrain
● Raja Al Mazrouei - Executive Vice President, DIFC- FinTech Hive
● Dalal Buhejji - Director - Business Development - Financial services, Bahrain EDB
● Hassan Sheikh- Head of marketing & Business development at SmartCrowd & Co-founder of sempro.
● Dr Sana AlFarid - Co-founder & CEO of Munfarid, VRXOne, Mulhimat & TelecommuteX