July 8 Zoom Webinar, 12-1 p.m. Wednesday Wisdom Free CLE by The Florida Bar Solo & Small Firm Section. "Achieving Equality: A Pathway for ALL" will explore ways to invoke change within our diverse communities both professionally and personally. Topics will range from implicit bias, racial injustice, having uncomfortable conversations, ways to make a difference and much more. We ALL can play a part in being the change we want to see to achieve equality! Course 4048. Approved for 1.0 General, 1.0 Bias Elimination CLE.
Special thank you to Solo & Small Firm Section annual sponsor LexHelper.
- Moderator Jacina Haston, Solo & Small Firm Section Chair-Elect; Senior Assistant County Attorney, Pinellas County; former director of The Florida Bar Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism.
- LaShawnda Jackson, Partner, Rumberger l Kirk; first African-American president of the Orange County Bar Association; immediate past president of the Virgil Hawkins Florida Chapter of the National Bar Association.
- Camara Williams, Partner, Smith & Williams Trial Group; community organizer.
- Shenika "Nik" Harris, LGBTQ Consumer Advocate, Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services; attorney; activist; speaker.
- Diriki Geuka, Assistant County Attorney, Pinellas County, representing county agencies including the Office of Human Rights; former federal staff attorney.