Maytree’s "Welfare in Canada, 2021" report will be published in the week of November 21 and provides annual data and analysis on welfare incomes.
Join the report’s authors, Jennefer Laidley and Mohy Tabbara, as they break down the latest welfare income data from all 13 provinces and territories. They will present the key takeaways and answer questions such as:
- How did welfare incomes change in 2021?
- How did the loss of pandemic-related benefits affect welfare incomes across the country?
- How do welfare incomes in the provinces and territories compare to Canada’s Official Poverty Line? Are they adequate?
- How has rising inflation impacted the depth of poverty across Canada?
- Jennefer Laidley, Independent Consultant
- Mohy Tabbara, Policy Advisor, Maytree
- Garima Talwar Kapoor, Director of Policy and Research, Maytree