The Accelerating Learning series features five webinars designed for school system leaders, their teams, and other education stakeholders to inform their work in supporting student learning in the pandemic and post-pandemic world. Co-produced by the Learning Policy Institute and The School Superintendents Association (AASA), the webinars provide research on effective accelerated learning practices, examples from a diverse set of districts, and an opportunity for participants to dig into the nuts and bolts of strategies. Topics are summer learning, tutoring, expanded learning time, formative and diagnostic assessments, and centering equity.
How can districts develop high-quality tutoring and provide individualized supports to accelerate learning? Panelists will discuss effective tutoring practices and programs and how to leverage new federal recovery funding from the American Rescue Plan Act to create broad access. This webinar is the second of a five-part series focused on strategies to accelerate student learning and support recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Jill Baker, Superintendent, Long Beach Unified School District, California
• Michael Griffith, Senior Researcher and Policy Analyst, Learning Policy Institute
• Antonio Gutierrez, Co-Founder, Saga Education
• Susanna Loeb, Professor of Education, Professor of International and Public Affairs, Director of the Annenberg Institute for School Reform, Brown University
• Morton Sherman, Associate Executive Director, AASA Leadership Network (moderator)