Intergenerational Dialogue on “The role of young people in accelerating Africa’s integration through the AfCFTA”
The AUC’s Department of Trade and Industry in collaboration with the African Union Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) and the Department of Human Resources Science & Technology’s Youth Division is organizing an Intergenerational Dialogue (IGD) as part of the commemoration of Africa Integration Day.
1. Increased understanding and recognition by all stakeholders of the youth and trade nexus in Africa and why it is so important towards resolving socio-economic issues on the continent such as youth unemployment and high youth migration levels.
2. Increased participation and uptake of opportunities by young people
in intra- Africa trade
3. Increased commitment to Intergenerational Co-Leadership and dialogues, the inclusion and consultation of young people as key stakeholders in the decision-making process on the road to operationalisation of AfCFTA
- H.E. Albert M. Muchanga
African Union Commissioner for Trade and Industry
- Ms. Aya Chebbi
African Union Commission Chairperson's Special Envoy on Youth
- Roslyn Ng’eno Senior Investment Expert, AfCFTA Support Unit, African Union Commission
- Moctar Kane, African Youth Ambassador for Peace
- Mr. Thobo Khathola, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Lion Tutoring
- Aramide Abe, SME Ecosytem Builder & Founder, Naija Startups
- Gildas Tsambo, Junior Project Manager, AfCFTA Support Unit, African Union Commission
- Assia Meghfour, Project officer, Industrialisation Division, AUDA-NEPAD
- Ms. Paola Audrey Ndengue, Founder Agence Pannelle & Company
French/English interpretation will be available.